Let us read Hebrews 10:1-39 for 7 times before we cast the first stone
Reminder of sins
In the old covenant there was a perpetual reminder of sins. why?
” it is impossible for the blood of
bulls and goats to take away sins ”
even after Jesus shed blood, died & resurrected, most Jews would not still believe at the full forgiveness of sins that Christ has offered. well, how can anyone just move away from a thousand year old practice? it is what they grew up with. their ancestors taught them Moses law. how dare you replace the Law! God gave us the Law!
see the point why people are angry at grace preachers? grace obsoletes the Law in terms of justification and forgiveness of sins
But now Christ has done a finished work. so therefore THERE IS NO MORE CONCIOUSNESS OF SINS
” the ones who worship, having
been purified once and for all,
would no longer have any
consciousness of sins ”
Were you not purified once and for all when you received Christ? do you confess your sins every day? as if a priestly performing his duty on offering sacrifice for sin day after day? stop it! you are already pure and purified once and for all
Christ died for all time – Past, Present & Future
Blood of bulls and goats
continuous offering of sacrifices
* note the time ‘year by year‘
” never able year by year by
means of the same sacrifices
which they offer ”
” But in them there is a
reminder of sins year by year ”
* note the time ‘every day‘ intensified by ‘many times’
” And every priest stands every
day serving and offering the
same sacrifices many times ”
The eternal blood of Christ
the eternal blood of Christ offered once and for all
” we are made holy through the
offering of the body of
Jesus Christ once for all ”
” after he had offered one
sacrifice for sins for all time ”
once and for all time. which time? day after day, year after year. all time. it includes the ‘us’ the future.all sins forgiven – Past, Present & Future
We are Perfectly Perfect
Are you not perfect before God? You are perfect for all time, every time!
” For by one offering he has
perfected for all time those
who are made holy ”
Once perfected by the blood of Christ and forgiven, there is no need for further sacrifices
” Now where there is forgiveness
of these, there is no longer
an offering for sin ”
Where is now, sin consciousness? gone. not only that, we are made a new creation.
all sins forgiven. Past, Present & Future
What about evil conscience?
” Therefore, brothers, since
we have confidence for the
entrance into the sanctuary
by the blood of Jesus ”
- what ‘confidence‘ is that? the confidence that we are purified of all sins and all sins are taken away and that no more sin consciousness
” since we have a great priest
over the house of God, let us
approach with a true heart in
the full assurance of faith,
our hearts sprinkled clean
from an evil conscience”
- what ‘full assurance of faith‘ is that? the full assurance of faith that we are purified of all sins and all sins are taken away and that no more sin consciousness
- sin consciousness resides in the conscience.
- good conscience means no more sin consciousness .
- evil conscience means sin consciousness .
the conscience tells which is good and which is evil. we’ve got that all the way from Adam. remember the ‘fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil’
an evil conscience is the one that reminds you of sins
whereas God proclaims
‘ Their sins and lawless
acts I will remember no more ‘
‘ For I will forgive their
wickedness and will remember
their sins no more ‘
- the conscience that reminds us of sins is the same conscience that told Adam to cover themselves with the ‘fig leaf‘ – self righteousness. you know what Jesus curse the fig tree?
- the conscience will remain with us until the day we die. unless a person is informed and believes that Christ has shed blood for the forgiveness of sins, there is no real peace in the conscience
- the conscience is not of heaven. the conscience is of earth’s. but the Holy Spirit is of heaven, of God, is God, and received by hearing of faith and not by obedience to the Law (galatians 3:2). we are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption (ephesians 1:13). mind you, we aren’t sealed with our conscience
- the conscience is weak. it cannot convict of righteousness nor does it make one righteous. knowing morality or the Law does not make one righteous or good
Apart from the Holy Spirit, there is no one to remind us of righteousness
when the conscience is sin conscious, it is an evil conscience. but the Holy Spirit reminds us our sins has been forgiven and that we are purified of all sins. God declares us righteous for all time!
New creation & the New covenant
Are you not a new creation? of which covenant do you belong? is your mind still on the old? renew your mind. change your mind (repent)
The new covenant does not remind of sins
” I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah ….
I will forgive their iniquity, and
their sin I will remember no more “
– Jeremiah 31:31-34
- grace and peace